Curious about our Lab? See views below!
Material Synthesis Equipment
- VD23 Vacuum drying chambers for non-flammable solvents: It is used to perform drying and heat treatment of solid or pulverized charging material, as well as bulk material, using the supply of heat under vacuum.
- Chemical hood: It is used to ensure protection when handling toxic or dangerous products for health, while maintaing a work environment that ensures safety requirements.
Material Characterization Equipment
- Analytical Balance Radwag AS 62 X2 PLUS: It is used to determine metrological parameters (repeatability); to dose powders, liquids and loose materials; to compare measured products with mass standard; to count items; to monitor checkweighing of every single component of formulations; to register and analyse performed measurements; to determine density; to monitor ambient conditions; to connect with a titrator.
- Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer Discovery DMA 850 – TA instrument: It is used to take accurate and reproducible measurement of mechanical properties over a wide temperature range.
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter Discovery DSC 250 – TA instrument: It is used to measure endothermic and exothermic processes and characterize a broad range of materials, including polymers, biologicals, organic chemicals and inorganic materials.
- Hybrid Rheometer Discovery HR10 – TA instrument: It is used to measure the viscoelastic properties of liquid systems and structured fluids, such as suspensions, emulsions, polymeric solutions.
- MSC 3000 Thermo Shaker – ALLSHENG: It is suitable for incubation and cultivation of biological and chemical components, enzimatic reaction, immunoassays.
Material Manufacturing Equipment
- Cellink BIOX6 bioprinter: It is used to manufacture shape memory polymers able to change shape according to temperature variations and to design responsive cell-laden hydrogels for 4D biofabrication.
- Asiga 3D Printer: It is used to manufacture models made of polymers.
- Wolfram Mathematica license: It is used to perform modern integrated technical computing, including image processing, geometry, data science, visualizations.
Our instruments are located at Istituto Golgi-Spallanzani (Botta 2), Via Adolfo Ferrata 9/A, 27100 Pavia, Italy.